We believe in theimportance ofbeing able to control who gets what information. This not onlymeans you wantyour coworker to have your work email, and your friend to haveyour personalphone number, but it also means there are people who shouldn’thave any of yourinformation.
We've made several choices in how kaveno is built to ensure only the peopleyouchoose to share with get the details you choose to share.
Please read the following carefully to understand how we will collect, use,andmaintain your personal information. It also describes your choicesregardingthe use, access, and correction of your personal information.
kaveno organizes andprovidesefficient means to access and receive updates regarding your contacts,and toshare your own information with your contacts. The kaveno Servicemayadditionally connect with third party software platforms which youhaveauthorized to connect with kaveno (“Third Party Platforms”).
“PersonalInformation”means any information relating to an identified oridentifiable natural person;an identifiable natural person is one who can beidentified, directly orindirectly, in particular by reference to an identifiersuch as a name,address, telephone number, mobile number or e-mail address, anidentificationnumber, location information, an online identifier, or to one ormore factorsspecific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic,cultural orsocial identity of that natural person.
“SensitivePersonalInformation” means racial or ethnic origin, politicalopinions,religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union members, theprocessing ofgenetic, biometric data for purposes of uniquely identifying anatural person,and information concerning an individual’s health, sex life, orsexualorientation. We treat your Personal Information and SensitivePersonalInformation as confidential.
“OtherInformation” isany information that is not Personal Information orSensitive PersonalInformation. Personal Information does not include anonymizedor “aggregate”information, or publicly available information that has not beencombined withPersonal Information or Sensitive Personal Information.
WhatInformation Do WeCollect And When Do We Collect It?
We may collect yourPersonalInformation in the following circumstances:
- When you voluntarily provide it to us, such as when you register for an account with your email and password, or by using a social login (“kaveno Login Credentials”), send us an email or post information or other content to our Site or Service;
- When you connect a Third Party Platform with your kaveno account we will receive information from that service (such as your username, basic profile information) via the authorization procedures used by that service. Any additional information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available;
- If you purchase a subscription to the Service requiring billing or payment information, we require that you provide certain additional Personal Information, including your address, phone number, and credit card number (“Payment Information”). This information is necessary to process your requests and to contact you; and
- When you accept another user’s invitation to connect on the Service.
When you utilize theService, wealso receive certain Other Information about you or your use of theService.Such Other Information may be collected using various technologies,including:
- Logs: We track the data you see in kaveno and how you interact with it by automatically collecting certain information such as, the pages you visit or features you use within the Service, the date and time of your activities on the Service, the URLs from the websites you visit before and after navigating to the Service, your software and hardware attributes (including operating system type and version, App version, device type, and device identifiers, including IDFA and/or Advertising IDs), your browser type and version, and your general geographic location derived through your IP address (e.g., your city, state, or metropolitan region). To obtain such information, we may use web logs or applications that recognize your device and gather information about its online activity. We treat this information as confidential if we combine it with or link it to any of your Personal Information. We use tracking data about individuals to inform us about how kaveno is being used to help us provide a better user experience.
- Web beacons: The Service or the emails that you receive from us may use an application known as a “web beacon” (also known as a “clear gif” or “pixel tag”). A web beacon is an electronic file that usually consists of a single-pixel image. It can be embedded in a web page or in an email to transmit information. For example, it allows an email sender to determine whether a user has opened a particular email.
- Local storage: We may collect and store information (including Personal Information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
kaveno keeps PersonalInformationcontained in your cookies and obtained through the other trackingtechnologiesconfidential. We do not set any cookies outside of the kaveno.in domain.
We also may partnerwith certainthird parties to collect, analyze, and use some of the Personal andOtherInformation described in this section. For example, we may allow thirdpartiesto set cookies or use web beacons on the Service or in emailcommunicationsfrom kaveno. This information may be used for a variety ofpurposes, includinganalytics.
HowDo We Use theInformation We Collect?
We use your Personal InformationandOther Information collected through our Service for the following purposes:
- to enable you to share Personal Information and connect to and communicate with other users;
- to provide our Service or information you request, and to process and complete any transactions;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze usage of the Service and trends, and to personalize and improve our Service and our users’ experiences on our Service, such as content, or features that match their profiles or interests, and to increase the functionality and user friendliness of our Service;
- to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our Service;
- to contact you about the Service in which you have expressed interest or that might be of interest to you; and
- for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
WhatInformation Do WeShare With Third Parties?
kaveno exists to makeyour professionalnetwork more actionable, not to sell your data. However, weshare personalinformation as follows:
- Other users you connect with on the Service: The core functionality of the kaveno Service allows you to share your Personal Information with other users, and to receive the Personal Information of those other users. When you invite another user to connect with you, either via the interface of the Service, or by sharing a QR code, link or other personal identifier generated by the Service, your Personal Information will be provided to people who view or access such code, link or identifier. You can control which information you share via the settings provided within the Service.
- With Your Consent: We may share your Personal Information when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on our Service that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
- Business Transfers: We might sell or buy business assets. We may share your Personal Information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where Personal Information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
- Analytics: We partner with certain third parties to collect the Other Information discussed above and to engage in analysis, auditing, research, and reporting. These third parties may use web logs or web beacons, and they may set and access cookies or use similar tracking technologies on your computer or other device.
You may choose toprovide us withanother person's email address so that person may be invited tocreate anaccount on our Service. By providing us with another person's emailaddress,you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the personconcernedas regards such disclosure to us of that email address. We maydisclose such informationif required to do so in order to comply with legalprocess, as described above.
Linksto Other Sites
WhatSteps Do We TakeTo Protect Your Information?
We use reasonablephysical,technical, and administrative security measures to protect yourPersonalInformation in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorizedaccess,disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please be aware, however, thatdespiteour efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and nomethod ofdata transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or othertype ofmisuse.
WhatChoices Do YouHave Regarding the Use of Your Information?
You may withdraw yourconsent toprocess your Personal Information at any time by providing writtennotice to usat firstname.lastname@example.org If you do so, you will be unable to use theService.
You may “opt out” ofreceivingmarketing or promotional communications from us by following theinstructionsin those communications or by emailing us at email@example.com. If youopt out, wemay still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about yourkavenoaccount or our ongoing business relations.
YourRights: Reviewing,Changing or Deleting Your Information
You may review,update, correct ordelete the Personal Information in your account from withinthe Service itselfor by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org You also authorize us,on your behalf,and in accordance with your account preferences to deleteinformation when notreasonably needed for the Service. If you have shared yourPersonal or OtherInformation with others and they have not deleted it, or itwas copied orstored by other users, kaveno will not be obligated to delete suchinformation.
We retain informationfor as long asreasonably necessary to deliver our Service to you or to fulfillthe purposesdescribed in this Policy. You may delete the Personal Informationin youraccount as described above. Please note that, in limited circumstances,we mayretain information for a longer period of time as required by law.
We will only collectand processPersonal Information about you where we have lawful bases. Ourlawful basesinclude consent (where you have given consent), contract (whereprocessing isnecessary for the performance of a contract with you, such as whenyou purchasea subscription to the Service) and our legitimate interests (suchas to complywith applicable laws and enable or administer our business).
If you are aCalifornia residentunder 18 years of age and a registered user of our Service,you may requestthat we remove content and information that you publicly post onour Service.To obtain removal of such content and information, please send usan email at email@example.com ith a short description of thecontent orinformation you would like to have removed. Please note that such arequest doesnot necessarily ensure complete or comprehensive removal ofcontent posted byyou, since the content and information may remain in ourdatabases, may remainvisible in a manner that does not identify you, or mayhave been re-posted byanother user.
Our Services are notdirected toindividuals under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collectpersonalinformation from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomesaware thathis or her child has provided us with Personal Information, he or sheshouldcontact us at firstname.lastname@example.org If we become aware that a child under 13hasprovided us with Personal Information, we will take steps to deletesuchinformation from our files.
Changesto our PrivacyPolicy